We as human beings crave a sense of security. Your front door can be a physical barrier for burglars to enter your property if you use a smart home device by setting its motion zones correctly.
However, you can also disable the camera by going to the device settings you will.
You can turn off your Ring camera by downloading the Ring application if you don’t already have it on your phone.
Go to the Ring application and touch or click the three dots at the top right of the interface.
You’ll get multiple device options in the menu to customize, so select the camera and turn off the record motion. Enabling the camera will also follow the same process.
This is a quick trick to disable your Ring camera using the internet connection and Ring app. We will discuss how to turn off motion detection, motion alerts, and motion records.
Ring security cameras are known for their functionality and reliable service with features like motion detection, push notifications, two-factor authentication, and motion sensitivity.
The company has a strong user base on platforms like Amazon due to its successful track record. You may have also bought a Ring camera to enjoy these features.
The best thing about the Ring camera is there’s no compulsion to use default settings. There is a smart app that allows you to customize the smart home security system as you like from mode controls.
1. Download the Ring App
Ring cameras come with default settings that have motion records activated. But, you can tweak the settings by using the Ring application with an easy-to-use interface. The Ring app is compatible with iOS and Android.
- Go to the app store
- Type in ‘Ring App’
- Choose the app with Ring’s logo and download it.
- Open the application and log into your Ring account. If you don’t have an account, create one.
- Give the application access to your phone through the phone’s settings.
The next step is to connect your Ring device to the application.
To turn off motion alerts or constant notifications using the Ring application, you will need to connect to the Ring device given in the application. Learn how to do so.
- Go to the Ring application. Make sure you have a strong WiFi connection. You’ll see the dashboard.
- Go to the Ring’s Option and click ‘Set Up a Device’ from the menu.
- The app will show you the QR code detector. The Ring camera device that you’d want to connect will have the QR at its back that you’ll need to scan. Make sure you disconnect the device before turning it around to prevent accidents.
- The interface will take you to the network or location setting to specify your needs.
- Look for the Ring camera that you want to disable on the dashboard.
- Locate the three dots’…’ at the right bottom of the footage and click them.
- 7. You’ll get options like record motion or motion sensor when you click on these dots.
- 8. Choose the motion recording and disable it anytime temporarily.
- 9. You can enable the setting whenever you need to by Enabling Motion Record.
- You can turn off your Ring device by following the steps given above. There’s a series of Ring app tutorials by the company on YouTube for you to watch. So, you can check it out.
Now that you know how to turn off your Ring device’s recording using an internet connection, the next step is to look at disabling motion sensors, detections, or records.
Can You Turn Off Ring Camera Temporarily?
checkout the video below:
Once you’ve linked your Ring device with a Ring account, you can move on to learn how to manage motion record control.
Motion record control helps you disable or enable the Ring device you are using. Follow these instructions to learn how to successfully disable a ring camera.
- Use your device or computer to access the Ring app.
- Select ‘Devices’ or go directly to the Ring Doorbell and then Motion Record from the drop-down menu.
- Turn off the relevant device using the options available. You can see that your ring camera has been successfully turned off by noticing if the light is white (disabled) or blue (enabled).
However, if you want to go specifically to a certain alert, you can do so by reading on to the next section where we talk about disabling motion sensors and motion alerts.
Each Ring device has motion sensors for recording movement, and it may look like an impressive facility (which it is). There’s also a downside.
These built-in motion sensors or motion detectors consume a good amount of the device’s battery. The best part? You can disable the alerts when the device is not in use. This also prevents false Ring alerts.
- Go to the Ring App on your phone.
- Locate the Ring Doorbell camera device and click motion settings.
- A slider will appear on the screen at the top, which decides the motion detector’s sensitivity level. You can adjust it as you like. The left side decreases, and the right side will increase the motion sensor’s sensitivity.
Turning off the Ring camera will work when you turn off the motion alerts. Motion alerts can sometimes trigger wrong signals, which you must prevent by disabling your camera for a while. Your camera will also save some energy meanwhile for optimum performance.
- Select the Ring camera which you wish to customize on the application.
- Click on ‘motion setting’ and click ‘motion schedule’ to turn off the camera.
- After getting access to the motion schedule, you’ll see a time window interface to disable the alerts.
- Save the changes after setting the time.
This is all you’ve to do to disable motion alerts. You’ll still be able to review the camera on and off in real-time.
The two-phase process with steps will help you turn off your Ring device’s accessibility and function for a period. The timely disabling helps with the camera’s battery health as well.
The Ring suggests certain ways to maintain and care for your cameras. If you’re a Ring device owner, you can surely take advantage of the tips we are going to talk about.
Disabling your Ring cameras is one way to care for the device while the company has a manual to suggest some more. Go along with these best methods to avail the latest ring App features on your mobile device:
- Keep your smartphone devices updated so they align well with the Ring app’s updates.
- Make sure the Ring alarm system has strong access to wifi signals.
- Ensure the compatibility of your device with new apps.
Some burglars are smart enough to use a signal jammer which can put your life under threat. You’ll also have to check for the device’s security to make it prone to such attacks.
Earlier, the users had limited control notifications for ring devices. Being one of the most reputable cloud-based security camera brands with its latest advancements, Ring makes it possible to disable streaming.
You only need to go through a few settings utilizing the mode feature. It disables motion notifications altogether.
Learn more about Smart Home Security