Your favorite TV show is about to be on-air on your Hisense smart TV in a while, and you can’t find the remote. It’s frustrating, right? I’ll tell you what you can do instead.
Use the Hisense TV’s small power button.
You can find it at the bottom of the device or on the underside of the device. This button enables the users to control power.
There are a few other volume and channel control buttons at the bottom of the tv.
It’s simple, press the power button and manually turn on your Hisense TV without a remote.
This is one way of turning on Hisense TV without a remote. I have a couple of other ways to try if you don’t have a remote or have lost it.
How Do I Use Hisense TV Without A Remote?
There are times when you lose your TV remote, and since many TV models don’t come with a button panel, you may stress about how to use the TV without it.
Since I’ve been through the same situation, I know the solutions to this issue which I will share with you in the following section.
Simplest Method: Use Buttons on the TV
When I encountered the ‘remote not working’ situation with my Hisense TV, my instinct was to stretch my hand to the Hisense power button.
The small buttons for volume control, channel control, or power control are at the bottom of the Hisense TV.
You have to press the physical buttons you want to use to increase the volume or switch between the channels. The power button will do them justice to turn the TV off or on.
The small buttons can do a good job, but it can be challenging when your TV is mounted on the wall. I have another option for you in this case.
Yes! We will talk about a mobile phone app that will work as a digital remote.
Download Remote Control Mobile Applications
Another easiest way to use your TV without a remote is to go to the app store if you’re using an iOS device and the google play store for Android phones.
The manual buttons on your Hisense TV may restrict your TV use if you don’t have a remote, but if you are using a streaming system like Roku OS, the Roku app will suffice and work seamlessly.
You just have to ensure a solid WiFi connection, search for ‘Roku Official Remote Control,’ and download it.
Roku TV App on Android or iOS
- Download the Roku app.
- Once you open it, the app will ask you to ‘Accept and Continue.’
- By accepting the terms, you’ll launch the Roku app.
- Next, connect the android TV Remote to Hisense TV.
- Now you can use the android remote to operate your TV.
A good thing about the Roku remote app is that it also supports voice control. This is the comfort tenfold.
Any Roku TV bought after 2017 will support this feature. However, the Hisense TV has android and iOS versions of the Roku app.
Activate Voice Control Commands
Let me show you how to activate the voice remote in Roku in the following steps.
- Go to your Hisense TV home and click on the menu button.
- Go to TV settings.
- The next step is to get to Remotes and Devices.
- Click Remotes
- Choose the remote you are using. Usually, Hisense detects your TV or system automatically. If not, you can also add it manually.
- Set up a remote for the TV control.
After you click on the remote TV control, the screen will guide you through the process.
Once you click on the arrow, the TV set will guide you further with screen controls enabling CEC (consumer electronics controls) to allow Roku TV to follow voice commands.
As we wrap this section up, remember that smart devices need an infrared sensor to catch up with the signals that help you control your TV.
Besides the TV buttons, smartphone app, and voice control feature, Google Assistant also helps you control your Hisense TV without a remote with a WiFi network.
Google Chromecast as a Remote Control
Using the google home app is among other ways of using Hisense TV when the remote stops working. It begins with the
Google Chromecast hassle-free streaming of your favorite shows, which Hisense TV sets support by default.
First, ensure your phone and Hisense TV are connected to the WiFi network. Your Hisense TV’s HDMI must also be supportive of the CEC.
So, before we use Hisense with Google Assistant, we will see how you can enable HDMI CEC using Chromecast.
Enable HDMI CEC on Hisense TV
- Click on the Home button, and you’ll get to the menu.
- Once you are in the menu, go to Settings and click ‘input’ to access the HDMI controls.
- Turn the HDMI on and plug the Chromecast into the HDMI on Hisense TV.
- If you have the Google Home app, set it up with Chromecast.
- Now it’s time to test the connection. Go to your phone’s gallery and select the ‘cast button’ to see if the TV is working with the Chromecast.
- If all’s well, the TV will start displaying the video automatically,
These steps will help you connect and operate your TV with Chromecast, so you never have to miss out on a fun weekend movie plan at home.
Use an IR Blaster
Did you know most android phones have an embedded IR blaster installed them? This means you can use your phone as a remote by installing a universal remote application.
Some electrical devices like the iPhone and iPad do not have an IR blaster. But, no worries. You can always get an infrared adapter.
Using a universal remote is easy peasy.
You can get an android tv remote app from google and set it up with simple steps.
Steps to Use a Universal TV App
- The first step is to go to the Google TV app on your smartphone.
- Locate the ‘Remote’ icon at the bottom right of the interface.
- On the next page, click ‘Scanning’ for available devices.
- The scan will show you the results, and you can connect to your TV.
- Pair with Hisense TV, and you are good to use a universal phone app.
Now, we’ll look at our last option: Google assistant.
Most modern TVs are now adaptable with Google Assistant.
Other popular voice assistant services like Alexa can also work with your Samsung TV, Hisense series s8, and other popular tv OS.
Steps to Use Hisense TV with Google Assistant:
- Download the Google Home app on your android
- Search for nearby devices. The app does so by itself.
- When you see the devices available for connection, connect to your Hisense Android TV.
- Once the connection is established after following all the right steps, you can now use the Google Home app to turn the TV on or off and even control voice commands.
Google Assistant offers complete support to compatible devices. You’ll be relaxed after connecting it to your TV and letting it follow the voice commands.
You can also try to reset your TV and reconfigure it to the default settings.
How to Reset Hisense TV Without a Remote?
There’s a reset button either at the back or at the bottom of your Hisense TV.
The button is tiny, so it’s hard to press it with your finger. You can use a sharp object like a pin and press the button for 15 seconds. The TV will restart.
I have told you almost all the possible ways to use your Hisense TV without a remote.
You have the choice to pick a good option that fits your needs and the device’s technical requirements
Learn more about Smart Home Security