Home security is paramount specifically for peace of mind. Choosing the best home security system overall can be overwhelming with a wide range of options.
However, entering the market, not every product is the same. Focusing more on the brand significantly levels up your purchase for various reasons. For instance;
- Reliability and Security
- Customer support
These factors vary from brand to brand along with the price. More the features, the higher the price. Though, you get what you pay for.
SimpliSafe is a reputable brand when it comes to home security systems. For your convenience, here is a SimpliSafe review as per the quality, practicality, pricing plans, and flexibility for you to choose the right brand.
Chad and Eleanor Laurans, Harvard students, established SimpliSafe in 2006. The Laurans came up with the idea for the company after their friends struggled to find a home security provider that catered to renters.
SimpliSafe has since expanded to include a wide range of security devices designed to make home security simple yet effective for all. It serves a million consumers all over the world.
Moreover, SimpliSafe caters to users who desire a portable and economical home security system.
SimpliSafe; Best Home Security System Overall
What makes SimpliSafe the best home security system overall is that it covers everyone’s needs from beginners to professional home security.
Customize Your Home Security
Every home security system comes with its set of perks and limitations. However, there are more benefits to choosing Simplisafe over other alternatives.
- SimpliSafe is a low-cost DIY best home security system
- It is simple to set up and doesn’t require a professional installation for most cameras.
- It offers well-integrated intelligent home equipment for DIYers.
- SimpliSafe provides users with the best price for a high-end security system.
- SimpliSafe offers versatile monitoring capabilities, with or without a monthly monitoring plan.
- It offers exceptional customer service.
SimpliSafe home security systems are economical, simple to install and use, and rather stylish to perfectly blend in with your interior. SimpliSafe top-rated security systems do not bind customers in lifelong contracts.
- Some features may require a subscription
- Basic models do not offer remote access to controls and data
- Paid cloud storage.
Amongst a plethora of overall home security brands, SimpliSafe made its way to our top list. With expert installation or DIY, self or 24/7 professional monitoring, Google Assistant, or Alexa connectivity, SimpliSafe has become so popular since its inception in 2006.
How did We pick?
Keeping domestic and professional security priorities, we have a SimpliSafe home security system review to help you choose the right security system for your loved ones.
Here are some characteristics that every security camera must have. For instance;
- Ease of use
- Home automation
- Variable monitoring
- Affordable and high-end monitoring devices
However, Simplisafe has a wide range of security features, such as security cameras and a solid selection of battery-powered motion detection sensors, all of which perform admirably.
With Simplisafe, you can create your bespoke alarm system with the exact combination and number of devices and features you want.
Why Choose SimpliSafe?
All the security systems may seem similar to you on the outer level.
However, they may vary when it comes to practical details – and SimpliSafe gives you more reasons to get one for your home or apartment.
SimpliSafe Plans and Pricing
Less or more, all the devices have some basic features. Whereas, they may vary in technical specifications, configuration, connectivity protocol, and technology.
What varies from one device to another is the pricing and plans.
Here are some pricing plans you can go for as per your budget.
SimpliSafe entry-level bundle costs $229. It includes;
● A base station
● An entry door sensor
● A motion sensor
● Wireless keypad
This system can be upgraded, or you can choose from five different packages with varying levels of coverage.
The Haven, which costs $489, comes with a smoke detector, temperature sensor, panic button, key fob, water sensor, camera, and other motion and entry sensors. Prices may go on sale or be reduced regularly.
Create Your Package!
You can create your SimpliSafe home security system if none of the packages meet your needs. Go to the website and select from a wide range of sensors, cameras, and extra add-ons like a key fob or siren.
A base station, keypad, yard sign, and batteries are included in all custom systems.
SimpliSafe also offers three refurbished home security packages with six, thirteen, and fourteen components for a limited time, ranging in price from $274.94 to $509.86.
In addition, prices may be reduced once more.
SimpliSafe Standard service costs $14.99 per month for monitoring.
This includes expert alarm and environmental monitoring and lives video from up to ten cameras, available 24/7 as per your requirement.
Moreover, you can arm and disarm the system remotely with the app and receive warnings, motion-activated recorded video, and other features.
SimpliSafe now offers a third option: for $10 a month, you may self-monitor using the Smartphone app and get 30 days of cloud video storage.
SimpliSafe-Best Home Security System Overall Equipment
Here are more details about SimpliSafe best home security system overall equipment:
This compact, white, cylindrical device is the system’s central hub of the whole system that acts as a backup for cellular home connections.
- The base station interacts wirelessly with the sensors.
- If you purchase a monitoring service package the base station interacts with SimpliSafe dispatchers
- It also has a 95-decibel siren that sounds when the alarm is activated.
Video Doorbell Pro:
SimpliSafe video doorbell pro offers video view and recording along with a two-way audio system, you can see and chat with everyone who rings your doorbell.
- It must be integrated into your existing doorbell system.
- This doorbell camera offers 162 degrees field of view and night vision.
- Human identification, unlike the SimpliCam, prevents false alarms. Therefore, you won’t get notifications for passing cars or trees blowing in the breeze.
The glass break sensors, which are mainly self-explanatory, would have been extremely beneficial if an invader chose to smash a window rather than open it; when these sensors are attached to the windows and doors, the signal is sent to the base station in case of the window opening.
- They also worked on sliding glass doors.
- These sensors work seamlessly for glass breaking as well.
The wireless keypad offers convenient arming and disarming of the system. Moreover, it is tamper-proof. Therefore, you can install it anywhere.
The best part about this component is that even if the keypad is removed or destroyed, the base station and mobile app will continue to work.
Because the base station remains connected to both the app and the monitoring center, which is fantastic!
SimpliSafe motion sensors precisely do what they are intended to. They detect motion like a breeze. These sensors function best in corners and have a 30 ft. detection range and a 90 degrees field of view.
SimpliSafe offers two types of cameras: an interior SimpliCam and a new wire-free outside SimpliSafe camera.
- It has stainless steel privacy shutter, which is appreciable.
- It offers continuous and custom zone monitoring.
- Custom motion detection zones help in saving storage.
SimpliSafe Camera Features
The SimpliSafe indoor security cameras have a video quality of 1080p HD, which is the current industry standard. The field of view was 120 degrees broad.
- SimpliSafe video quality is much better than many cameras that still only produced 720p.
- While it wasn’t up to par with cameras that already used a 4K display, such as the Arlo Ultra, which offers twice as many pixels as 1080p HD, SimpliSafe’s video quality was much better than many cameras that still only produced 720p.
- You can monitor all day without issue, so while it wasn’t the most fantastic video on the market, it indeed served its purpose.
You will have a great time with two-way communication if there is a visitor outside or you want to give a command to someone while away from home.
It comes with a built-in microphone and speakers that allow users to communicate remotely.
The SimpliCam’s infrared night vision is exceptional in comparison to other alternatives. It conveniently captures minute details even in pitch-black darkness.
SimpliSafe Video Doorbell Pro:
The SimpliSafe Video Doorbell Pro goes up on the front door. It sends notifications if there is any visitor outside the range of the camera. You can live stream and record videos as per your preference.
Moreover, you can use it with an existing doorbell setup or get a new SimpliSafe Video Doorbell camera if you do not have any installed previously.
Glass Break Sensors
Glass break sensors, largely self-explanatory, are extremely beneficial if an intruder smashes a window rather than opening it. Above all, they also worked on sliding glass doors, adding convenience for everyone.
SimpliSafe offers other equipment, which you can add separately to your home security. For instance;
- Panic button
- Key fob
- 105-decibel siren
- Glass sensor
- Intelligent locks
- Environmental monitoring
However, you have to purchase them separately or in the package that includes one.
SimpliSafe best home security warranties:
SimpliSafe offers a three-year warranty p to along with a money-back guarantee of up to 60 days on all of its products. In addition, SimpliSafe provides customer support for any device or connectivity issues in addition to monitoring.
Moreover, you can always have live assistance from SimpliSafe.
Why Choose SimpliSafe?
Firstly, SimpliSafe keeps customer satisfaction a priority. It frees you of pushy salespeople and extensive contracts that bind you for years.
- SimpliSafe give freedom in customers’ hand to choose what equipment and monitoring level they want.
- In addition, it delivers online purchasing and on-demand professional monitoring services, which you can get or leave at any time.
- Straightforward subscription plans make it easier to figure out how much you’ll have to pay out of pocket every month. However, a few hundred dollars upfront can be difficult, but a good trade for the overall best security system.
Who is SimpliSafe best for?
SimpliSafe is a good choice for smaller houses and apartments.
SimpliSafe is a no-brainer whether you own or rent because it offers the devices, packages, and pricing that are excellent if you have less square footage. In addition, the wireless installation makes SimpliSafe an ideal choice if you own a rental space.
- SimpliSafe offers DIY installation
- Offers a sleek and modern design.
- Its compact design is convenient to move around in the home or another place.
- SimpliSafe is also cost-effective.
- Along with basic sensors and detectors, it offers water or moisture detectors.
- Connects to both Alexa and Google Assistant.
- A do-it-yourself or a professional installation
- Whether you are an iPhone or an Android user, SimpliSafe support both.
- Apple Home Kit is not directly compatible.
- Temperatures below 20 degrees Fahrenheit are too cold for cameras.
SimpliSafe is a fantastic, low-cost, best home security system overall because of its practical components and details. It takes no time to install. Moreover, you get the option for 24/7 monitoring without committing to a lifelong contract, which is a significant benefit.
In addition, the SimpliSafe system is compatible with smart home gadgets and mobile devices. So for the tech-savvy, these intelligent features will come in handy.
Affordable yet efficient!
What is the monitoring process for a SimpliSafe system?
SimpliSafe monitors via a high-speed internet connection. In addition, a built-in cellular radio can connect to Verizon or T-Mobile, depending on where you reside, if the power or internet goes out.
What is the warranty on SimpliSafe?
From the date of purchase, all SimpliSafe equipment is covered by a three-year warranty. In addition, it will send you replacements if you return damaged equipment with a prepaid label.
Is SimpliSafe compatible with a compulsion or distress code in an emergency?
You can set a dress code if you want to secretly alert the monitoring service that an intruder is in the house.
Learn more about Home Security